Last night while listening to the radio, I heard of the song by Edwin McCain entitled "I'll Be". It was the theme song of the PL's batch 2003-2004. As I enjoyed the song, I began recalling the happy moments I encountered the first time I joined the Scouting movement. I was a real freshie back then. Although I was struggling to adapt to high school life, to learn the scouting skills like Sago and commanding, to get along with fellow scout officers, I didn't feel the difficulty. I was having fun. I met friends who were real and worth keeping. I felt that I was really part of the Scouting Family. Even if the training was very tiring and exhausting, it was worth all the effort because by the end of the day, you'll really gain friends that will accept and keep you in their hearts.
When I left scouting and joined the varsity, I have to admit that a great portion of the Thursday load was cut short, but so did the fun and excitement I had in scouting. Yeah, I could be absent anytime and all I get is scolding, I could be late and still get scolding, and ONLY scolding. My P.E. grades won't really be affected at all. But, honestly, it's not worth all the friends I had in scouting. And now, being an "ex-scout officer/staff", I really feel so awkward and out of place when I'm with them. Hmm.. is there any way I could get the bond back? That invisible bond that made me join scouting for three years. I hope I can but I doubt it.
When I left scouting and joined the varsity, I have to admit that a great portion of the Thursday load was cut short, but so did the fun and excitement I had in scouting. Yeah, I could be absent anytime and all I get is scolding, I could be late and still get scolding, and ONLY scolding. My P.E. grades won't really be affected at all. But, honestly, it's not worth all the friends I had in scouting. And now, being an "ex-scout officer/staff", I really feel so awkward and out of place when I'm with them. Hmm.. is there any way I could get the bond back? That invisible bond that made me join scouting for three years. I hope I can but I doubt it.
3 comments:
Kaya naman yan eh! Daan ka lang sa trainings, and this Saturday na training graduation.
ahh pero d ko naman kaclose un other staff e hehe
"once a scout, always a scout." :) daming mga "ex-officer" na bumabalik noh :) and kasama mo na mga batchmates mong senior staff :D link pala kita ha
Post a Comment