Friday, October 19, 2007

MYHAppyPlanet

hi guys, since we're on the subject of online social networks, check out this Web 2.0 startup called MYHAppyPlanet, a language learning network founded by a Harvard MBA student: http://myhappyplanet.com/register.php?refid=ATeZCHxU this will be interesting to those of you who would like to learn languages with native speakers. It's got interactive chats, fun learning videos and lessons, and cool soon-to-com features. Check it out and let me know what you think!!! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I checked out myhappyplanet.com and it's pretty cool, loys of great tools for language learning. I'm also using a site called www.edufire.com; I have really enjoyed this site and I'm learning alot! I'm re-learning Spanish for my career and I have been able to use edufire.com for language flashcards, videos, forums and social networking. For a small fee I have taken about 4 tutoring sessions via video chat! Check it out I think you may like it

www.edufire.com

Unknown said...

Hi there, this is Kimberley Ong, Community Manager at MyHappyPlanet. It's interesting that a lot of people have been talking about both MyHappyPlanet and Edufire lately.

The idea of paying for online language learning services personally doesn't appeal to me, nor the idea of taking formal tutoring sessions from professional language teachers. All of us at MyHappyPlanet are language enthusiasts, and we have been working so hard to develop a website that solves the problems that we faced in other existing language learning sites. MyHappyPlanet is a lot friendlier; I think we attract "good-quality" members who are genuinely interested in helping one another improve their language skills as well as sharing their cultures to the world. I personally hate textbook-type learning and feel that people learn better in more fun informal ways.

Unknown said...

Hi there, this is Kimberley Ong, Community Manager at MyHappyPlanet. It's interesting that a lot of people have been talking about both MyHappyPlanet and Edufire lately.

The idea of paying for online language learning services personally doesn't appeal to me, nor the idea of taking formal tutoring sessions from professional language teachers. All of us at MyHappyPlanet are language enthusiasts, and we have been working so hard to develop a website that solves the problems that we faced in other existing language learning sites. MyHappyPlanet is a lot friendlier; I think we attract "good-quality" members who are genuinely interested in helping one another improve their language skills as well as sharing their cultures to the world. I personally hate textbook-type learning and feel that people learn better in more fun informal ways.